Our ConnectChildcare Hosted edition has been developed to allow remote access to the database. Allowing managers and owners to access data from home- out of hours, from another office and even from the beach. The data is backed up daily so you can be assured that if your computer breaks down, no data will be lost and vital information can be accessed.
Similarly to our Professional Edition, it's been developed from the ground up to take full advantage of Microsoft SQL Server database technology, which ensures unlimited concurrent users can access relevant and timely data when they want, from where they want in the organisation.
Once again, simple system configuration allows directors and senior management to see key financial and operational performance for the group as a whole, whilst Site Managers and users have access to their own area of control, with passwords and log-ins restricting access to sensitive information.
Now for the technical bit...
The ultimate internet environment
Based in Gloucester, in the heart of England, our two secure data centres house thousands of the latest web and mail servers, maintained 24x7 by an expert team of engineers.
Every possible consideration is made for dedicated servers to operate to their full potential, so they can deliver the highest possible levels of uptime and security.
Unrivalled connectivity - plugged directly to the backbone of the internet, every server enjoys a fully redundant Tier 1 connection so our customers never experience slow-down or service interruptions.
The safest place for your dedicated server
Data centre access is strictly limited to security-cleared personnel, controlled by extensive CCTV monitoring and state-of-the-art access control systems.
- CCTV covers all areas of the data centres and corporate offices.
- Highly experienced security guards on duty 24x7x365.
- Access control requiring swipe-card, multiple digit PIN, finger-print plus accurate weight matching, ensuring absolutely no access to unauthorised personnel.
Climate controlled environment
Extensive environmental controls are employed to make sure your dedicated server works to its full potential and delivers high performance day-in, day-out.
- A multi-million pound Denco system ensures that the data centre climate is monitored and adjusted to perfection at all times.
- Top of the line air-conditioning units.
- Humidity analysers and accurate temperature monitors.
- Fire suppression equipment – if the worst should happen, FM-200 gas is discharged within just 2 seconds to suppress the affected area.
Uninterruptible power supply
Our data centres use the most advanced APC X UPS system available, providing uninterruptible power to your dedicated server. In the case of a power outage, the power supply is switched instantly (with absolutely no interruption) to a diesel generator capable of running the data centres for 30 days.
In addition to sophisticated monitoring systems, we have a team of expert engineers monitoring the data centres 24 hours a day, ensuring that any potential issues with the platform are prevented before they can even happen.